Reduce Emissions Incentive
Arrive Carbon Free
Arrive entirely under your own steam (walking, cycling, horse/donkey/mule riding, skipping 🙂 ), while travelling in Ireland, and we will discount your accommodation by 10% (up to maximum value of 20€) AND we will throw in a small hamper of fresh produce from the eco-farm, seasonally dependant of course…and be extra specially nice to you!!
Arrive by Public Transport
Arrive using public transport, which includes taxi for the last leg from Gort to Crann Og, and we will discount your accommodation by 10% up to a maximum value of €20.
Directions from Gort to Crann Og
- Take the Loughrea Road N66 and travel 1.0 mile (1.6km) and take the third turn right at the first crossroads, for Derrybrien and Portumna on the R353.
- Travel 2.3 miles (3.7km) and take the third turn right on the L8514 to Ballardiggan.
- Travel 0.2 mile (0.3km) where you will pass Lough Cutra Drive and a small lake on your right, DO NOT turn right, continue straight on.
- Travel a further 0.5 mile (0.8km) where you will see a small road turning to the left, ignore this and keep to the right passing the No Through Road sign and continue.
- Travel a further 0.8 mile (1.3km) where you will see the Crann Og Eco Farm sign and entrance to the left, turn in and follow the driveway….you’ve arrived!
Public Transport Links
The only form of public transport available for the last leg of your journey is taxi.
+353 868785241 | +353 87 6977271
Buses & Trains
Galway, Limerick, Shannon, Cork
Bus Eireann Route 51 services Gort from Galway, Limerick, Shannon Airport & Cork.
Dublin Airport – Galway City
For train take bus from airport to Dublin city and Heuston Rail Station and take train to Galway. Then take Bus Eireann Route 51 to Gort.
Sligo, Knock Airport, Donegal, Derry NI
Belfast NI – Dublin – Galway
First travel to Dublin City taking Bus Eireann/Ulsterbus Route X1, then take Bus Eireann, Citylink or GoBus to Galway city. Then take Bus Eireann Route 51 to Gort.
An alternative though longer duration route is Belfast to Galway via Enniskillen and Sligo on Translink NI and Bus Eireann IE.