Eco Cabin HideawayIn Pristine Oak Woodlands
- Suits Couples, Small Family, Close Friends
- 1 King double bed + 2 fold out single futons
- Kitchenette equipped for cooking & dining
- Dedicated compost toilet
- Solar lighting
- Gas heating
Up to end of 2018 season.
- Cleanliness 100% 100%
- Relaxation 100% 100%
- Closeness to Nature 100% 100%
- Comfort 100% 100%
- Staff Interaction 100% 100%
Katie P., October 2017
” Amazing experience! I stayed for 6 days in the Eco Cabin and continued from there with the ReNature retreat! Both experiences were amazing. Self catering and a blissful solitude in the Eco Cabin and wonderful meals, teachings and energy at the retreat.
A special place run by magical people. Wishing you all happiness I will be back : ) “
Kitty S., August 2017
” This place is truly magical! I went by myself and stayed in the eco cabin hideaway, I felt so incredibly welcome by all the staff. During my stay I went on a group walk in the woods with Flor, a nature therapy walk with Marion, storytelling by the campfire while also enjoying some blissful time by myself.
Paul was so welcoming and I felt totally at peace there. I’m definitely going back both alone and with the kids. Well done, this place is a credit to you all. “
Jesus E., April 2017
” Lovely place to enjoy with family and kids! We spent our Easter weekend in Crann Og Eco Farm. It is a beautiful place to stay with family and kids. We had lovely accommodation in the Eco cabin with a beautiful view to the forest.
Lots of animals, chickens, horses, sheep and 2 lovely dogs. Our 2 children have enjoyed so much the place going through the forest and enjoying the farm. Thank you Flor & Marion and volunteers for such unique place. “
Julie M., September 2016
” We visited the farm for a weekend and in August we stayed in the eco cabin, a total gem on the edge of an enchanted forest.
Our host Flor was very accommodating and allowed us to take Minnie the jack Russell hostage as she escorted our 3 year old daughter round the farm to collect fresh eggs (She still talks about Minnie)
One of the best locations we’ve ever stayed in, and we’ve stayed in a few all around the world!
We will be returning! “
Fiona, May 2016
” Flor was a really welcoming host. The eco cabin was great for a tranquil couples retreat. Couldn’t get enough of the puppies and other animals. Thanks for having us! “
James, March 2016
” Our stay at Crann Og Eco farm was great. The cabin is definitely off the grid, but while you give up you phone chargers and your wi-fi you gain a really unique experience. The farm itself is beautiful surrounded by forests and hills, really has to be seen to be believed, it’s great for exploring.
There’s lot’s of friendly animals around as well which is fun. The farm is well positioned to travel Galway City, Cliffs of Moher and Lahinch. The local town of Gort was only a 10 min drive away and has everything you need, good pubs, shops, really nice spot called the Gallery Cafe. If you want a bit of an adventure and you’re happy to properly get off the grid, then I would certainly recommend. “
Off-grid living perfect for nature lovers who appreciate tranquility and privacy. Also great for a romantic getaway in the woods, or a well deserved break. Situated beneath an old Oak tree on the edge of the ancient Drummin Woods. Simple, private and very peaceful.
This secluded cabin is well insulated and heated so it is toasty warm even in winter. And it has the most comfortable big double bed you will ever sleep on, over looking the woods.
The A Frame is now equipped with a kitchenette and has it’s own separate dry composting toilet for your private use only.
Can accommodate couples/parents + 2 or 3 kids/4 adult friends.
Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television. Internet access can be arranged for those on a working holiday at additional cost. Charging stations are available for mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Eco Cabin Base Rate:
- €80/night for up to 2 people
- €20/night per additional person
- Minimum stay = 2 nights
- Solitude Retreats:
This Eco Cabin is also available for our Solitude Retreats as an accommodation alternative.
Book Eco Cabin
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)86 871 9714
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.