Luxury Yurt GlampingUltimate in off-grid camping!
Suits Families, Groups & Gatherings, Solo Deluxe
1 Double bed + 3 single futons, more possible
Tastefully fitted + wood burning stove
Off-grid with solar lighting
Lots of chill out space!
18′ or 5.5m diameter
Up to end of 2017 season.
- Cleanliness 97% 97%
- Relaxation 97% 97%
- Closeness to Nature 100% 100%
- Comfort 100% 100%
- Staff Interaction 100% 100%
Christopher C., July 2017
Robert W., July 2017
” We booked in for 3 nights and ended up staying for 6….From the moment myself and my family arrived, we felt we had found a little corner of paradise that was ours to be a part of for a short while.
Wonderful people, friendly animals, gorgeous surroundings, excellent facilities, and very helpful and beautifully crafted signs.
Everything has been developed over time and all in the luscious surroundings of ancient wooded south county Galway.
So peaceful. Thank you Marion, Flor, Paul and Merle! Hope to see you again. Rob, Suzy & Mae. “
Mario T., August 2017
Amber F., August 2017
Rentals & Bundles
Luxury Yurt Base Rate:
- €80/night for up to max 2 people
- €15/night/additional person
- Minimum stay July 4 – September 3 = 4 nights
- Minimum stay Public Holidays = 2 nights
Pre-Book Activity Bundle and receive a 20% discount:
- €70/adult for all activities
- €30/child for all activities
- Children = ages 4 to 16
- Children under 4 go free
Activities 'Drop In'
Activities available July 4th – September 3rd & may be pre-booked when booking accommodation. Non-attendance at pre-booked activities are not refunded.
Also available on these select public holidays:
- March 16th – 19th
- March 23rd – April 8th
- May 4th – 9th
These rates are for non pre-booked activities:
- Yoga (including mixed classes): €12/adult €6/child
- Forest School Class: €25/child & parent €20/child
- Guided woodland walk + camp fire storytelling: €24/adult €6/child
Book Luxury Yurt
Experience complete off-grid living in a large Mongolian style yurt. Situated within our camp site field and sitting on an elevated, purpose built deck with landing and great views. Sleeps comfortably up to five people, but could sleep more if needed (please enquire). All bedding is provided and the yurt is equipped with a solid fuel stove for those cooler nights and romantic ambiance.
Perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway, nature lovers, friends and families. The yurt is a short walk from the Long Drop compost toilets and just a stroll from the Hogan kitchen and dining cabin. The Luxury Yurt is 5.5m or 18′ in diameter so it is very spacious and comfortable. Provided for your comfort are solar lights and handcrafted outdoor furniture for alfresco dining right there at the yurt if you wish.
All bed linen is supplied, towels not included, please bring your own! We supply eco friendly soaps, shampoo, conditioner and dish washing liquid.
Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television. Internet access can be arranged for those on a working holiday at additional cost.
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)85 1453535
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271