The Long House Cabin
Suits Families, Groups & Gatherings
1 Double sofa bed + 8 single bunks + 1 single bed in 2 rooms
Wood burning stove
On grid with electricity & water
Equipped kitchen with fridge
Dining table and sitting area
Up to end of 2017 season.
- Cleanliness 97.6%
- Relaxation 97.6%
- Closeness to Nature 95.6%
- Comfort 93.4%
- Staff Interaction 97.6%
Sheila L., October 2017
Freda B., July 2017
” Our weekend stay was great. Flor was a fantastic host and was waiting for us on arrival with the two adorable dogs Ginger and Minnie. It was our first time to use compost toilets and solar powered showers and we were all surprised at how clean and easy it was!
The log cabin was very cosy, the beds were comfortable and everything was really well taken care of. Thanks so much, we had a brilliant stay and would love to come back some time. “
Ruth T., April 2017
” We stayed in the long cabin for 3 nights. It was so comfortable and cosy, had everything we needed. Very comfortable beds, spacious bedrooms, lovely stove to keep the place warm. The farm was wonderful, lots of freedom for the kids to run around, so safe and secluded.
Flor was very helpful in giving us ideas and we really enjoyed exploring. I’d highly recommend it if you’re looking for a real getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday living. A little gem. “
Jillian, July 2016
” Crann Og Eco farm was a real treat…wonderful setting, great accommodation and Flor and Marion were most welcoming and engaging hosts. The log cabin is cosy, clean and comfortable with some interesting reads.
We had 6 children with us who adored being able to run free, explore, discover and become best buds with four legged friends. It was everything described and then some…a very special place, Flor and the gang have done amazing work in creating an idyllic getaway…highly recommend! “
Eaonn D. May 2016
” Went to the Crann Og Eco Lodge with a group of 4 adults and 2 kids. It was wonderful, with friendly and helpful staff and a great location (Bluebell wood walk was in bloom while we were there ) and facilities.
The kids LOVED it, being adopted and accompanied everywhere by the eco-lodge’s dogs, Minnie and Ginger. Hope to get back there again. “
Claire, March 2016
” Myself, husband and 3 kids aged 10, 5 and 3 really enjoyed our stay at Crann Og. We spent 2 nights here and it was much enjoyed by all. The cabin was really nice and cosy and the kids loved it as it was so spacious.
The children are still talking about Mini and Ginger (dogs), Victoria, Goggles and Toffee (Sheep) Surrounded by nature and no TV & Wifi was a lovely family experience. We hope to return in the Summer. Flor was very welcoming and helpful. “
Rentals & Bundles
Cabin Base Rate:
- €100/night for up to max 4 people
- €25/night/additional person
- Minimum stay July 4 – September 3 = 4 nights
- Minimum stay Public Holidays = 2 nights
Pre-Book Activity Bundle:
- €70/adult for all activities
- €30/child for all activities
- Children = ages 4 to 16
- Children under 4 go free
Activities 'Drop In'
Activities available July 4th – September 3rd & may be pre-booked when booking accommodation. Non-attendance at pre-booked activities are not refunded.
Also available on these select public holidays:
- March 16th – 19th
- March 23rd – April 8th
- May 4th – 9th
These rates are for non pre-booked activities & bear a 20% surcharge:
- Yoga (including mixed classes): €12/adult €6/child
- Forest School Class: free/adult €18/child
- Guided woodland walk + camp fire storytelling: €24/adult €6/child
Book Long House
Renovated in 2016 and new beds! On-grid accommodation with standard amenities.
The Long House sleeps 8 people normally, but can accommodate up to 12. Two cabins, each with 4 bunk beds & additional bed or futon, with a kitchen/dining/lounge room between the two cabins.
Adjacent to the Long House cabin is the communal ablutions, with solar powered showers & dry composting toilets. Simple yet perfectly clean & comfortable. Water heating is supplemented by the solid fuel stove located in the cabin.
The kitchen is equipped for full self catering. All bed linen is supplied, towels not included, please bring your own!
We supply eco friendly soaps, shampoo, conditioner and dish washing liquid.
Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television. Internet access can be arranged for those on a working holiday at additional cost.
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)85 1453535
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271