Cosy Yurt GlampingRomantic Mongolian Tent
Suits Couples, Small Family, Close Friends
1 Double + 2 fold out single futons
Tastefully fitted + wood burning stove
Off-grid with solar lighting
14′ or 4.2m diameter
Up to end of 2017 season.
- Cleanliness 97.1%
- Relaxation 100%
- Closeness to Nature 100%
- Comfort 100%
- Staff Interaction 100%
Caroline S., August 2017
” Peace and quiet, back to nature. Beautiful yurt and really great kitchen and fire-pit. What more could you want. Compost toilets were absolutely fine and showers better than expected. This is a real gem, the staff were very helpful and everything was perfect. The yurt was cosy and the bed comfortable. “
David M., July 2017
” Fantastic Getaway and a reminder of how we all can and should live! We had a fantastic weekend at the farm. The owners are very friendly and professional.
The farm itself, truly is a little piece of heaven. So peaceful. The whole establishment it run so it leaves minimal impact on the environment, very impressive and inspiring work. We will make it a regular thing! 10/10. “
Catherine L., May 2017
” Great spot if you are a lover if nature and peace and quiet. It’s an authentic eco friendly farm and an impressive set up, catering for all levels of the outdoors experience.
The staff were very welcoming and our kids loved being close to a traditional farming environment. So did we! Keep the midges in mind if traveling in May! “
Anna E., August 2016
” I wish we could stay there longer.
Already miss that unique place!
Steven, July 2016
” The Eco farm is a wonderful place; just coming into full fruit as we left. The animals and people are friendly (could have taken mini the dog home with me). The Yurt was spacious, and clean. The stove made it warm and cosy.
The compost toilet is a wonderful invention, though I have to admit I was happy to leave that behind. For any outdoorsy people (with/without children) this is a fantastic place. “
Alex, July 2016
” We had a wonderful stay in Crann Og. Flor met up upon arrival and showed us around the farm were all the animals roamed around. The dogs Mini & Ginger were very welcoming and were a pleasure to hang out with.
The yurt was spacious and very comfortable. We lit the stove fire in the evenings which made it so cosy and warm and romantic. The kitchen has everything you need to cook dinner. It was a lovely relaxing 2 days, my only regret is that we did not stay longer. Next time… Jeanine & Alex “
Rentals & Bundles
Cosy Yurt Base Rate:
- €60/night for up to max 2 people
- €15/night/additional person
- Minimum stay July 4 – September 3 = 4 nights
- Minimum stay Public Holidays = 2 nights
Pre-Book Activity Bundle and receive a 20% discount:
- €70/adult for all activities
- €30/child for all activities
- Children = ages 4 to 16
- Children under 4 go free
Activities 'Drop In'
Activities available July 4th – September 3rd & may be pre-booked when booking accommodation. Non-attendance at pre-booked activities are not refunded.
Also available on these select public holidays:
- March 16th – 19th
- March 23rd – April 8th
- May 4th – 9th
These rates are for non pre-booked activities:
- Yoga (including mixed classes): €12/adult €6/child
- Forest School Class: €25/child & parent €20/child
- Guided woodland walk + camp fire storytelling: €24/adult €6/child
Book Cosy Yurt
Experience complete off-grid living in a Mongolian style yurt. Situated within our camp site field and sitting on an insulated, leveled and well drained, purpose built platform. Sleeps up to four people but is best suited to couples. All bedding is provided and the yurt is equipped with a solid fuel stove for those cooler nights and romantic ambiance.
Perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway, nature lovers, friends and small families. The yurt is a short walk from the Long Drop compost toilets and just a stroll from the Hogan kitchen and dining cabin. Provided for your comfort are solar lighting and hand crafted outdoor furniture for alfresco dining right at your yurt if you wish.
We supply eco friendly soaps, shampoo, conditioner and dish washing liquid.
Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television. Internet access can be arranged for those on a working holiday at additional cost.
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)85 1453535
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271