Eco CampingPitch Your Own Tent
Limited number of tent pitches available
Advanced booking required
Price includes use of all facilities
Hogan kitchen & dining cabin (fully equipped)
Solar showers & compost toilets
Fresh well water
Up to end of 2017 season.
- Cleanliness 100% 100%
- Relaxation 100% 100%
- Closeness to Nature 100% 100%
- Comfort 96% 96%
- Staff Interaction 100% 100%
Lou L.., June 2017
” We went to Crann Og Eco Farm for 3 nights in June camping. Our 2 children loved it, feeding and meeting all the farm animals, walking in the woods, playing in the playground, even playing volleyball with new friends!
Great place, very welcoming, friendly people with lovely eco facilities. Thanks for everything, we are looking forward to our next visit!! “
Gemma M., August 2016
A truly magical, inspiring and delightful place. We camped with our 20 week old and 2 year old for three nights and cannot recommend this wonderful, family friendly site enough. Minnie the dog adopted us for the weekend coming for walks with us and attempting to move into our tent.
My son adored the sheep and horses. I had the best Yoga session ever (and I’ve had a few) with the amazing Marion as well as wonderful conversation and joyous encounters. If you’re thinking of visiting, don’t think twice. Go!!! Magic awaits!!!
Rentals & Bundles
Camping Base Rate:
- Minimum stay July 4 – September 3 = 4 nights
- Minimum stay Public Holidays = 2 nights
Pre-Book Activity Bundle and receive a 20% discount:
- €70/adult for all activities
- €30/child for all activities
- Children = ages 4 to 16
- Children under 4 go free
Activities 'Drop In'
Activities available July 4th – September 3rd & may be pre-booked when booking accommodation. Non-attendance at pre-booked activities are not refunded.
Also available on these select public holidays:
- March 16th – 19th
- March 23rd – April 8th
- May 4th – 9th
These rates are for non pre-booked activities:
- Yoga (including mixed classes): €12/adult €6/child
- Forest School Class: €25/child & parent €20/child
- Guided woodland walk + camp fire storytelling: €24/adult €6/child
Normally we would have a calendar here, but at the moment it doesn’t seem to want to play!
Hopefully it will be able to play again soon. In any case feel free to make an enquiry…
Book Camping Pitch
A beautiful paradise of 14acres of natural gardens, trees, sculpted willow fedges, arches, domes and tunnels. Facilities are hand crafted from reclaimed and recycled materials, avoiding use of potentially toxic building materials. There are additional areas for camping, retreating, playing and many friendly animals.
Campers can use the Hogan round house kitchen and dining cabin located within the camping field. The Hogan sits 15 very comfortably and as many as 25 at a pinch. It is equipped with gas oven and hob, cooking equipment, crockery, storage and cooler boxes for food. Out back is a kitchen sink and collected rain water for dish washing.
The Hogan has a central open fire pit for camp fires indoors even if it is raining outside. The roof has a chimney hole just like a tipi but bigger. There is also an outdoor fire pit for camp fires under the stars, weather dependent of course!
Situated within the camping field is the Long Drop dry composting toilets. Children must be accompanied by adults to ensure the toilets are used correctly. The Hogan and Long Drop are equipped with solar lighting for safe use during the evening and night.
The children’s playground is situated in the field immediately adjacent to the Hogan and camping field, parents can sit outside the hogan at one of our many hand made rustic tables and watch their kids playing.
Not far from these facilities is our sand arena, which we use for horse training and games and activities in the summer months. Beach style volleyball is popular if you have a large enough group, or join up with other campers and guests for an impromptu game.
You can play with our animals (while observing the rules) and take part in any of our free activities, such as animal feeding morning and evening. You can book other interesting activities too, in advance or when you arrive…with some notice!
Nearer to our communal bathroom where the solar showers are located is our charging station where you can charge mobile devices such as phones, tablets and laptops. Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television.
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)85 1453535
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271