Bell Tent GlampingOff-grid Eco Farm Stay
Suits Couples, Family & Friends
1 Double + 3 single beds
Insulated floor + carpets
Gas heating if required
Close to all amenities
Up to end of 2017 season.
- Cleanliness 95% 95%
- Relaxation 95% 95%
- Closeness to Nature 100% 100%
- Comfort 85% 85%
- Staff Interaction 100% 100%
Frederic C., August 2017
” Nice place, nice team! A good experience! Thanks to Flor and all the team! “
Julie M., August 2017
” Crann Og is unlike anywhere I have ever stayed before. It is secluded and peaceful and a perfect place to go if you are looking to get away from it all for a couple of days. My boyfriend and I stayed in the bell tent and it was cosy and well equipped with a comfortable bed.
It rained one night but the tent stayed perfectly dry for anyone concerned about the rain. Our only regret was not staying long enough and not taking part in the activities they have on offer. For anyone looking to stay here I recommend just parking the car and not leaving for the duration of your stay to fully relax and appreciate the incredible land around you. Crann Og is perfect for families or a couple retreat. “
Sarah J., August 2016
” We were greeted by Flor, who showed us around and helped us whenever it was needed (like when our car battery went!) He was very friendly, informative and a fantastic host. The bell tent was beautiful, comfy and cosy.
The rest of the Eco farm was a delight, very scenic, lovely sunsets and forest walks surrounding it. A communal kitchen, compost toilets (lovely and clean), showers, hammock, playground.. everything you need but very environmentally friendly, it was so refreshing!
Chloe, August 2016
” Crann Og is an amazing place. The children loved the farm animals and places to play. The staff were great, very welcoming.
The kitchen area was well stocked and we had everything we needed. The tent was spacious and we were cozy and snug at night. We would all love to come back one day. “
Celine, August 2016
” Flor is an extraordinary man, his welcome was perfect even in the rain! The places are in conformity with the photos, it is even more beautiful in reality. The experience of the solar shower and the dry toilets were perfect, to the point that it made us want to do the same. Flor told us about places to see all around, and allowed us to take a trip off the beaten path.
The farm is also perfect for children, sheep, horses, very nice little dogs and cats. Everyone lives in harmony in this magical place. A forest bordering the farm is absolutely worth visiting, the trees and spirits of the nature of Ireland inhabit this wood.”
Rentals & Bundles
Bell Tent Base Rate:
- €50/night for up to max 2 people
- €15/night/additional person
- Minimum stay July 4 – September 3 = 4 nights
- Minimum stay Public Holidays = 2 nights
Pre-Book Activity Bundle and receive a 20% discount:
- €70/adult for all activities
- €30/child for all activities
- Children = ages 4 to 16
- Children under 4 go free
Activities 'Drop In'
Activities available July 4th – September 3rd & may be pre-booked when booking accommodation. Non-attendance at pre-booked activities are not refunded.
Also available on these select public holidays:
- March 16th – 19th
- March 23rd – April 8th
- May 4th – 9th
These rates are for non pre-booked activities:
- Yoga (including mixed classes): €12/adult €6/child
- Forest School Class: €25/child & parent €20/child
- Guided woodland walk + camp fire storytelling: €24/adult €6/child
Book Bell Tent
Off-grid living perfect for campers and non-campers who appreciate a more comfortable experience. Equipped with one double bed and 3 single sprung mattress beds…very comfortable! Situated in the camp site area close to the Hogan round kitchen/dining cabin on the edge of the ancient Drummin Woods.
This large bell tent has a well insulated floor and a gas space heater can be added for colder weather. Generally in summer this tent stays nice and toasty warm. Well situated high on the camp site with great views.
Can accommodate couples/parents + 2 or 3 kids OR 5 adult friends. All bed linen is supplied, towels not included, please bring your own! Can accommodate up to 8 people in pure camping style, but you must supply your own sleeping equipment. We supply eco friendly soaps, shampoo, conditioner and dish washing liquid.
Crann Og is a no-technology zone, so there is no wifi internet or television. Internet access can be arranged for those on a working holiday at additional cost.
Tips for Your Stay
- Please bring bath/shower towels, we do not supply them!
- All stays are Self Catering Only so please remember to bring your own food.
- We supply the cooking facilities!
- We have a secure charging station for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and laptops.
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended or Wellington Boots, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are strongly advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- We provide your first night firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to process waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.
Terms & Conditions
- We will confirm availability within 24 hours by email.
- Pay a 30% deposit to complete booking, we will provide payment options when we confirm availability.
- Your reservation is complete upon clearance of your payment.
- Payments will only be accepted in Euros (Eur).
- 45-60 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 100% refundable.
- 30-45 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 70% refundable.
- 15-30 days prior to the start of the reservation, your payment, is 30% refundable.
- 0-15 days prior to the start of the reservation, no refunds will be given.
- Address: Crann Og, Derrymore, Drummin Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland, H91 XEY1
- GPS: N 53° 2′ 19.98” E -8° 43′ 59.49”
- Tel: +353 (0)85 1453535
- Local Taxi: Sheila’s Cabs
- +353 (0)86 8785241
- +353 (0)87 6977271